BID No. PA/044/2014/2015/NC/01 FOR PROVISION OF PRE-SHIPMENT VERIFICATION OF CONFORMITY TO STANDARDS (PVoC) SERVICES FOR USED MOTOR VEHICLES FOR TANZANIA BUREAU OF STANDARDS
Date: 3rd October, 2014.
1. This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice (revised) for this Project which appeared in The Guardian and Mwananchi newspapers, Issue Nos. 6118 and 5157 respectively dated 5th September, 2014 and The East African, Issue No. 1036 of 8th September 2014.
2. The Tanzania Bureau of Standards has set aside funds for the operations of the Bureau during the financial year 2014/2015. It is intended that part of the proceeds of the funds will be used to cover eligible payment under the contract for Provision of Pre-Shipment Verification of Conformity to Standards (PVoC) Services for used motor vehicles for Tanzania Bureau of Standards.
3. Firms which won PVoC tender No. PA/044/2013/2014/NC/05 for inspection of used motor vehicles shall not apply.
4. Bidder is allowed to bid for one country only.
5. The Tanzania Bureau of Standards now invites sealed bids from eligible Service Providers for the above mentioned service all over the world except Japan and Dubai.
6. Tendering will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding procedures specified in the Public Procurement (Regulations, 2013 – Government Notice No. 446) and is open to all Tenderers as defined in the Regulations.
7. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the Bidding Documents at the office of the Secretary, Tanzania Bureau of Standards Tender Board, P. O. Box 9524, Dar es Salaam, Sam Nujoma/Morogoro Roads, Ubungo Area from 09h00 – 15h00, on Mondays to Fridays except public holidays.
8. A complete set of Bidding Document(s) in English and additional sets may be purchased by interested Bidders on the submission of a written application to the address given under item seven (7) above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of United States Dollars Three Hundred only (USD 300.00). Payment should either be by Cash, Banker’s Draft, or Banker’s Cheque, payable to Tanzania Bureau of Standards.
9. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security enclosed in Bidding Document in acceptable form in the amount of United States Dollars Fifty Thousand (USD 50,000.00) in the format provided in the bidding documents.
All bids, one original plus Three (3) copies, properly filled in, and enclosed in plain envelopes and clearly marked “TENDER NO. PA/044/2014/2015/NC/01 FOR PROVISION OF PRE-SHIPMENT VERIFICATION OF CONFORMITY TO STANDARDS (PVoC) SERVICES FOR USED MOTOR VEHICLES FOR TANZANIA BUREAU OF STANDARDS (NOT TO BE OPENED BEFORE 10:00 HOURS TUESDAY 4TH, NOVEMBER 2014)” must be delivered to the office of the Secretary, Tanzania Bureau of Standards Tender Board, Morogoro/Sam Nujoma Roads Junction, Ubungo Area on or before Tuesday 4th, November, 2014 at 10h00 Local hours. Bids will be opened promptly thereafter in public and in the presence of Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in the opening at the TBS Conference Room.
10. Late Tenders, portion of Tenders, electronic Tenders, Tenders not received, and not opened and not read out in public at the Tender opening ceremony shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
TANZANIA BUREAU OF STANDARDS
Kindly click the link below to download this tender advert: