TENDER NO. PA/044/2016/2017/W/01 FOR PROPOSED CONSTRUCTION OF NEW TEST HOUSE FOR TANZANIA BUREAU OF STANDARDS (TBS) AT PLOT NO. 260 BLOCK ‘G’ UBUNGO DAR ES SALAAM
1. This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project which appeared in the Daily News, Issue No.11764 dated 31st, August, 2016.
2. Tanzania Bureau of Standards (TBS) has set aside funds for the Construction of the Proposed Test House for Tanzania Bureau of Standards during the financial year 2016/17. It is intended that part of the proceeds of the funds will be used to cover eligible payment under the contract for the Proposed Construction of Test House for Tanzania Bureau of Standards.
3. Tanzania Bureau of Standards now invites sealed Tenders from eligible contractors registered for main and sub-contractors registered or capable of being registered in Building Class I (Vol I), Electrical works Class I (Vol II), HAVC Works Class I (Vol III), Plumbing and Fire Fighting Works Class I (Vol IV), ICT and Security Works Class I (Vol V) and Lift Installation Class I (Vol VI) for carrying out the Proposed Construction of Test House for Tanzania Bureau of Standards.
4. Tendering will be conducted through the International Competitive Tendering specified in the Procurement Regulations, 2013 – Government Notice No. 446 and is open to all Tenderers as defined in the Regulations.
5. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the Bidding Documents at the office of the Secretary, Tanzania Bureau of Standards Tender Board, P. O. Box 9524, Dar es Salaam, Sam Nujoma / Morogoro Roads, Ubungo Area, between 09h00-15h00, on Mondays to Fridays inclusive except on public holidays.
6. There will be a pre-proposal meeting on Wednesday 31st May 2017.
7. A complete set of Tendering Document(s) in English and additional sets may be purchased by interested Tenderers upon submission of a written application to the address given under paragraph 5 above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of USD 150.00 (United States Dollars One Hundred Fifty only). Payment shall either be by Cash, Banker’s Draft, or Banker’s Cheque, payable to Tanzania Bureau of Standards, P. O. Box 9524, Dar es Salaam.
8. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security in an acceptable form in the amount of 2% of the contract sum in Cash or Payable in Account No. 011105003505, Bank Name: National Bank of Commerce (NBC), Corporate Branch – Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
10. Late Tenders, portions of Tenders, electronic Tenders, and Tenders not received, Tenders not opened at the Tender opening ceremony shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
TANZANIA BUREAU OF STANDARDS
P.O. BOX 9524
DAR ES SALAAM
Kindly click the following link in order to download this advert