Tanzania Bureau of Standards is pleased to announce the following vacant position which is a one year contract for prospective and potential candidates to apply. The contract is renewable upon satisfactory performance.
1. JOB TITLE: QUALITY ASSURANCE OFFICER II (ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING), 1 POST
Qualifications and Experience
• BSc in Electrical Engineering from a recognized institution of higher learning.
• An MSc. in Electrical Engineering will be an added advantage
• Two years experience in testing of samples in laboratory.
• Computer knowledge is an essential requirement
• Age limit not exceeding 30 years
Duties and Responsibilities
Reports to the Head of Laboratory
• Studies all aspects pertaining to inspection, quality management and certification
• Studies and implements the laboratory safety procedures and regulations
• Carries out analysis of samples as may be assigned by supervisor/trainer
• May be appointed to conduct quality assurance inspections
• Assists industries in all matters related to quality assurance
• Participates in preparation, implementation, maintenance and review of quality system
• Carries out verification of supplies and services
• Carries out corrective and preventive actions
• Assists in safety and serviceability of equipment and apparatus
• Assists in the preparation, publication and dissemination of information
• Any other related duties as may be assigned by Head of Laboratory
Attractive remuneration and fringe benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered to the right candidate.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications accompanied by copies of certificates, a detailed CV, transcripts, other awards/documents, three referees, and daytime telephone numbers should reach the undersigned by 4th February 2014. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Tanzania Bureau of Standards
Kindly click the following link to download this advert;