The Tanzania Bureau of Standards (TBS) has implemented a new product conformity assessment programme for the control of certain categories of imported consumer goods.
The new programme, known as Pre-Export Verification of Conformity (PVoC) to standards will be implemented from 01 February 2012. The objective of the PVoC is to ensure that all imports of regulated products comply with the approved Tanzanian technical regulations, (i.e. Tanzanian or other approved international standards), prior to shipment.
Kindly download the following attachments for more details:
1. List of countries covered by PVoC
2. PVoC certification procedure
3. PVoC list of products
4. TBS PVoC partners addresses
5. Applicable penalty for uninspected consignments under the PVoC Programme
6. Summarized PVoC procedure - 5 Steps