The Tanzania Bureau of Standards (TBS) has implemented a new product conformity assessment programme for the control of certain categories of imported consumer goods.
The new programme, known as Pre-Export Verification of Conformity (PVoC) to standards will be implemented from 01 February 2012. The objective of the PVoC is to ensure that all imports of regulated products comply with the approved Tanzanian technical regulations, (i.e. Tanzanian or other approved international standards), prior to shipment.
Kindly download the following attachments for more details:
1. PVoC certification procedure
2. Regulated HS Codes under PVoC programme
- Regulated HS Codes of General Products under PVoC programme
- Regulated HS Codes under used motor vehicles
3. TBS PVoC partners addresses
4. Applicable penalty for uninspected consignments under the PVoC Programme
5. Summarized PVoC procedure - 5 Steps
6. Destination Inspection (DI)
7. Contact Addresses of PVoC Partners of Used Motor Vehicles
8. Destination Inspection Procedure for General Goods
9. Destination Insoection for Used Motor Vehicles
10. PVoC procedure for used motor vehicles
11. Exemptions under the PVoC programme