The Tanzania Bureau of Standards (TBS) is a member of various regional and international standardization bodies that include the following;
- East African Community (EAC); https://www.eac.int/
- Southern African Development Community (SADC), https://www.sadc.int/about-sadc/
- African Organization for Standardization (ARSO); https://www.arso-oran.org/
- Codex Alimentarius Commission (CAC); https://www.fao.org/fao-who codex alimentarius/en/
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO); https://www.iso.org
- International Electro-technical Commission (IEC); https://www.iec.ch/
TBS coordinates participation of Tanzania in standards harmonization activities at these levels in order to ensure that Tanzania's interests are taken into consideration in the process.The coordination is achieved through committees such as the TBS/SPS Committee, EAC, ISO, ARSO National Mirror Committees, National Codex Committee, National Electrotechnical Committee of IEC etc.
The participation of Tanzania’s stakeholders in this process is discussed through the national technical committees who may nominate representatives. Stakeholders who express interest or respond to TBS call to participate nominate their representatives through the technical committees. The committees agree on national positions on the agenda of the regional or international subjects before the representatives participate.